Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reaction

Yesterday I got my weekly allergy shots. I've moved to a higher dose. Yesterday was my second round of it. Normally I get grape to golf ball size circles where I got the shots. After an hour yesterday of having the shots, I began to itch everywhere!!! It was awful. I broke out in hives down my neck, my hands, and wrists. My throat began to itch too. Quentin had to leave for a dinner program and I was home with the two kids making dinner. I was going to tough it out, but I couldn't take the itch anymore. I broke down and took a Benedryl. After an hour the itching subsided. Of course you all know that you become very drowsy after taking that medicine. Needless to say after dinner I was pretty much worthless. I stuck a movie in and sat on the couch watching the Apple Dumpling Gang. Next thing I know I woke up to Stella saying, "Mom, wake up, I'm poopy." I'm glad my children as well behaved. It's the worst feeling of not being in control when I'm on medicine that makes me so tired. I was in one of those light sleeps, which was good. If there was a catastrophe I'm sure I would have heard it!!
Hopefully that'll be my one and only reaction to the shots! Otherwise every Tuesday is going to stink!!!

4 comments:

Clenece said...

Your welcome! Hope it helps you out!

-Good or Free Deals

Grandpa and Grams said...

Kasey,
Thanks for checking out our family blog. My husband and I have four grown children and three grandchildren. We are from the other side of Michigan- north of Port Huron- but moved to Iowa to be near two of our kids that have the grandkids. If you liked our blog please check out our daughters blog. She has two boys that keep here very busy and her husband is an youth pastor in Nebraska. You'll find a link to her sight from our blog named "Ryan, Jess, Alex, and Sam". She gotten read by over 7,000 people so far this year. Your blog tells us you to are a busy mom and wife and have a love for the Lord.
We'll be watching your blog again.
In Christ,
Donna

Lindsey said...

Sorry to hear about the reaction. Thank goodness you didn't have escaping kids!

I hope next week's shot is easier on your body!

The Dragonfly said...

As a fellow allergy sufferer (but w/o the shots) I can attest to the amazing knock out power of a Benedryl! I will only take one if I plan on being in bed within a half hour. Hope it goes better next week.