Sunday, September 14, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours!

I just realized that I posted this wrong. Please start you reading at the bottom of this post. Please excuse me, I'm tired from this trying day!!




This is our basement now. That is all carpet glue on the floor. And parts of paneling we started to rip down. There is a lot more to come down. I think we found the leaks. Zach and Q were pulling the registers away from the cinder blocks and they never sealed it behind them, and rivers of water were coming out of the seams along with all the unsealed bricks were sweating water!! We caulked it, so hopefully that'll slow it down some. I just wish this rain would stop. 48 hours of rain gave us this big mess!! Oh we also had to drain out our pool 2 times in the last 48 hours so it wouldn't over flow!!! And a big shot out to Mike, Zach, and Paul for helping!! Thank you guys!!!

My Dad and Q dug a trench on the south side of the house where the water was just standing. I do have to say that even though my husband is tough my Dad is the MAN!!! He is strong, and he helped us carry load after load of wet carpet out to his truck. If you read this Dad, I Love You!! You're the best. Mom you are awesome too. Thank you for helping as well. I thought you handled the heat very well!!
This is the vac full of nasty water after two minutes! I don't know why this picture is turned this way. Sorry.

This is what we woke up to this morning. Our basement had flooded.
Saturday was a wedding. My cousin Jodi and her new husband Casey were married. All during a tornado warning! The food was delicious, and it was great to see my Mom's side of the family. This is my cousin's wife, Mellisa. Even though we live close, we don't get to visit with each other often!
This was the start of our weekend. The kids are really into water paints. Stella has more fun decorating her face and mouth than her paper. Don't worry, it's washable and non toxic!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kasey, what a chore! I just said to Eric today to, that we've had enough rain now! It's time for it to stop.

heidi said...

Oh no!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh!!wow!!
I'm glad your dad was there to help.

Candace said...

Yikes. What do your plans look like for basement repair? Is it just repairing the damage and then bit by bit or are you doing an immediate remodel?