Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday's Tunes

I thought I would start up Tuesday's Tunes. I'll post a favorite song of mine. And in your comment you can list your favorite song and why.

This week I chose Heal The Wound by Point of Grace.

I used to wish that I could rewrite history
I used to dream that each mistake could be erased
Then I could just pretend
I never knew me back then
I used to pray You would take this shame away
Hid all the evidence of who I've been
But it's the memory of
The place You brought me from
That keeps me on my knees
And even though I'm free
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
I have not lived a life that boasts of anything
I don't take pride in what I bring
But I'll build an altar with
The rubble that You've found me in
And every stone will sing
Of what You can redeem
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
Don't let me forget
Everything You've done for me
Don't let me forget
The beauty in the suffering
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar

I bold my favorite part in the song. Sometimes I get concentrated on the bad, but there is beauty in suffering because Christ is always with us. He hears us, there is a purpose and meaning to everything. There is a bigger plan that any of us can imagine!

I'm going to try and post my play list and I think that'll be on there for you to listen. It's a beautiful song that touches my heart every time I hear it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kasey - I love that song too. You might want to check the "O Holy Night" by POG on your playlist though....it's like a weird phone interview?? Or is it supposed to be that way?? Just an FYI :)

heidi said...

I can't EVEN pick just one, I have so many. Held by Natalie Grant will always be an all-time favorite of mine. That song just rips me to shreds. I'll go with that since it's the first one that came to mind. I like it because it's so real. It's about the suffering and the pain and feeling isolated and alone. Crying out to God asking why? why is this happening? and being told that we're not promised no suffering, we're promised that we'll be held in the arms of the One who gave His life for ours.