Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pictures of Improvements

Derrek and Q hanging the dry wall. That is Styrofoam against the cinder blocks. We think who ever put that there was for ventilation??
Another angle. Thanks Derrek for helping us.
1st layer of mud on the walls. This will be our family room.
This is the kids play room.

This is standing in front of the mantle looking into their playroom.

We were also able to close our pool tonight and put on our new cover for it. No more leaky water bags!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise the final product is worth all the madness.
I'm glad that your project is going really fast.

Styrofoam is used for insulation.

I was going to show Randy the pictures of your flooded basement but the post wasn't there anymore :(

Duncan said...

I just finished an e-mail to Aunt Sharon yesterday. She had told me about the water issues in your basement. I had asked her whether or not your basement was finished off with panel. These photos sort of cleared that question up!

Interestingly enough, Germans use Styrofoam as well in their basement and outer walls...the Styrofoam is then covered over using plaster or stucco.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

It's coming along! Looks good!

Robyn said...

Wow, that's crazy! I'm so sorry that happened to you guys--but just think, you'll have a bright and shiny new space when this is all done. Good luck!