Over the weekend I painted, and painted! Friday night was the ceiling. We have a drop ceiling. The metal part was brown. I painted it white. My neck was killing me after the three coats of paint but it was so worth it. It makes the ceiling look higher and more uniform. Some of the paint got on the white ceiling tiles. I can tell only if I look close. I don't think I could go through another 2 hours of looking up at the ceiling! Good enough for who it's for is my motto!
Saturday Q took the copper and metal we cut out of the basement to the dump. $60 bucks later he went and bought gravel for the trenches and then to Menard's where he bought our trim. We are having trim on the bottom, top, and chair rail trim. We bought the trim that is already primed. I spent all afternoon painting the trim. It looks good. I have a hand full of trim left that needs a second coat on it. I also picked out the paint and primer for the family room.
Hopefully by next weekend we'll be able to lay the floor. We have decided to paint the walls first and then lay the flooring. That way I won't have to worry about taping or making a mess.
I am pleasantly surprised at how good Quentin and I have been working together on this project. We make a good team. And we both have been willing to compromise on different things. Also, I've come to the conclusion that the flooding was supposed to happen when it did. At first we were some what concerned of the finances. We knew we could afford it, just over time. We did a no payments/ no interest credit card.
And then Friday we got an increase in finances that will cover majority of the cost. I don't want to come across as bragging or boastful. I want to testify that God is Good. I often question why we are so blessed when there are other people out there who's basments have flooded way more than ours. I saw in the paper today that a couples house has $60,000.00 in damages and their house is considered unsafe to live in. No insurance.
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful beyond all measure. I have plenty of trials in my life. When something terrible happens along comes anxiety, stress, fear, doubt, etc. Through this, my faith in Him has increased. He has taken care of us through it all. I now have a sense of peace of the whole project. My parents were here to help with the carpet, and dig the trench. My in laws and friends are close to help out with watching the kids, a contractor was able to come out the day I called and gave us a quote the same day for the dry wall guy to come, and we received extra finances.
Again, God is Good.
Is there a situation where God has blessed you in a trial? I'd love to hear about it.
3 comments:
Thanks for the sweet comment on my post and for adding me to your blogroll - I'm honored! The basement reno looks fantastic - tiring, hard, but rewarding.
Here's how God has blessed me in a time of trial: this past year my dad has gone through a horrible ordeal with Stage 4 Throat Cancer. It has been a difficult journey for all of us - but now that we are on the upside of treatment, doctors visits, etc. I can see that our family has become so much closer because of the trial. I've learned to serve in a way I never knew possible and feel so very blessed - not only to still have my dad, but also to know his sorrow and pain, his joy and happiness in new ways. Amazing!
Glad to hear about the finances coming together for the renovations. You have a great outlook about the whole thing.
Can't wait to see the paint & finished project. God IS Good. This post reminds be of Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns.
God has blessed me many ways through many gut wrenching trials. I'm just gonna be vague on this one. LOL
Post a Comment