Saturday, August 23, 2008

Something New


Today Liza (my sister in law), showed me how to decoupage a picture frame. I bought a wooden frame from Jo Ann's and some napkins that had some cute leaves and pumpkins on them. It was fun to make. Time consuming cutting out the leaves and pumpkins. It really looks like the leaves and pumpkins were painted on there. I used a metallic tan paint and a dark orange around the frame. In the end I thought it will be a nice addition to my fall decorating collection. I'll just have to take a cute pic of the kids and put one in it! Liza was so nice to share her talent with me.

5 comments:

Derek Thompson said...

Cute idea! That will look so good in your house this fall. It is fun to do stuff like that with family.

Lindsey said...

Very cute. You could dress the kids up in fall colored clothes and snap a picture for the frame.

Laura Waltz said...

That looks really cool! What a fun thing to know how to do.

Sonja said...

You always have the cutest things in your home.

Duncan said...

I saw Randy and Liza's blog concerning the decoupage work and I got a little tickled by all the "cute" comments obviously posted by females here on your blog. So let me post a typical "male" comment.

It looks like there's money to be made here. When are you guys going into business?