Monday, July 28, 2008

Salesman

I'm so grateful for Quentin and his talent for sales.!! He is such a smooth talker. We met up with Mom and Dad, Grandma and Todd at Apple Bee's. We had a G.C. but it had expired in June. Quentin said don't worry about it, they'll accept it!! So when we got there, he heard the waiters last name. When he came back to our table to take our drink order Quentin said, "Oh Dave Sweeney, I know you, we go way back." And they guy looked at Quentin like he was crazy. He kept questioning Q about it, and Q calmly said we'll catch up later. So when he brought us our drinks Quentin got up and shook his hand and said actually I don't know you at all, I was wondering if you could help me out with this G.C. After explaining the situation the waiter honored the G.C.!! Success. I would have thrown the G.C. away and went to Apple Bee's without one.

Afterwards we went to JCPenney's to buy Quentin some new dress shoes for work. He really liked a pair but they were $10 over what we wanted to spend. He asked the clerk what kind of deal she can give him. She said she could take 10% off the sale price!! So instead of $10 off the original price we got them for $18 off the original price!!! Did I mention I'm glad he's in sales??!!! I just wouldn't have thought to ask that. I didn't know clerk's could give you a discount. Take a note, always ask if they can give you a discount!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

My husband is like that, too! He will ask for ANY kind of discount imaginable....its so embarrassing to me sometimes!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.
My cousin, Shelley, designs it. You can link to her from my page. Her business is called SimplyShelleyDesigns....I cannot remember how much it costs. Maybe $25.

Your "trapped" photo is hilarious.
Have a good day!