I want to find a routine or the magic something that can make a person maintain their desired weight. I'm in a slump again. I was running and feeling great then I took a break and as slowly getting back into it again. I swim everyday with the kids, sometimes up to 2 hours a day!! But my eating is bad, cookies, ice cream, toast with pb. and Jelly, etc. I do like fruits and veggies and try to eat a lot of them but haven't found any that satisfy my appetite.
I would like to lose 20 lbs. Can I do it? For me I've learned that it's totally mental. Quentin encourages me but he can eat whatever he wants and not gain an inch!!!!
I've tried WW in the past and it has worked, but Quentin wasn't happy with because he never felt full off of the meals I made. And I got tired of counting the points and always thinking about fat, calories, etc. My friends are trying the South Beach together and they are doing a great job!! Strong will power, something that I have a weakness in.
I think my solution is to join a gym that has a day care in it, like the YMCA. Make a routine of going every morning. I gotta do something. I noticed that when I was running three days a week I felt great. I had more energy and was happier and of course felt better about myself.
I want to better myself but I want opinions and ideas on what has worked for each of you. If you read the blog and can't comment email me please!!!!!!
Maybe I should try the public humiliation thing. Set a goal for myself and if I don't meet it promise my readers that I will announce my weight, measurements etc!! That seemed to work on that T.V. show!!!!
No really........................ suggestions and ideas please!!
2 comments:
Kasey...Surly you are not asking from advice from anyone in our family. Food is second only to God in the order of hierarchy. Still, I can relate to your post.
I quote you..."cookies, ice cream, toast with pb. and Jelly, etc." Major dangerous stuff for people wanting to watch weight. My weakness is cake and chocolate nuts, cheese...and toast with lots of pure butter...oh yeah and beer. (although its the appetite that beer gives you and not really the beer that puts it on).
Our metabolisms slow down with age (some faster than others). Unfortunately our appetites don't.
This is just my opinion but think there is no "magic" diet. People get rich off the desperation of others to loose weight.
In short it is that good balance between exercise and diet. What works for me might not unnecessarily work for you (it ain't work'en for me right now either). You have to find that balance and then you have to stick with it and "sticking with it" is the real problem.
Hey, but you want serious advice so here goes...You are tall and I assume athletic(since you married a Hunt) so lay off the peanut butter and play some pick up b-ball with Quentin.
PS...do they really have gyms with daycare centers in them? Only in America!
I think joining a gym with a day care is a great idea, you can go there daily without having to be worried about finding someone to babysit.
I remember once I joined a gym in Chile that was just for Women! and they had a day care too. It was so cool, you could work out without some creepy guy looking at your booty while your trying to follow the instructor!!!
Don't get discourage. We (women) want results right away and when we don't loose the weight in 5 weeks like we had planned, We stop working out and we feel worse about ourselves. Sometimes the results come after 3-6 months of daily exercise and diet!
I think you are looking great!!
I hate men they loose weight so easily!!!!!
Post a Comment