
Here is Jim, Joe and Quentin riding on the gator! This is the beast we keep talking about that we love to ride through trails!!!
We had an eventful weekend and we are glad to be home!! Friday night Quentin was supposed to fly into Traverse City. One the way there he said his flight was pushed back and that he wouldn't leave Chicago until 11:00 instead of 7:00. Ughhhhhhh!! After a few phone calls, my parents said they would watch the kids and Quentin and I could get a hotel room in Traverse City that night. I was so excited, I couldn't remember the last time we had spent the night in a hotel together with out the kids!! He ended up flying in around 10:30 which was great, not as late as they had originally had told him. We stayed at the Days Inn. He was tired, and I had a bad cold and was exhausted. (the night before Stella was awake from 12:30-6:00 a.m.!!!) We were feeling really old that night but had a good laugh about it.
We got up the next morning and set off for Ludington. He played in the Gus Maker there. Kaitlyn had the kids for the day, so I had a night and a whole day to watch Quentin playing a sport he loves. His team did okay. Unfortunately there are some teams there who were not practicing good sportsmanship. One of his teammates Jim stayed at my folks house Saturday night. He had never been on a Gator ride before so we of course took him through trails and brought him to the farm and showed him the cows, etc. His cousin Joe also stopped by and had never done or seen those things before too! City boys!!!!!
Sunday after Gibson's birthday celebration we were able to walk down to the pond and go fishing with the kids. It's a small pond so with 3 fishing poles going, we were catching fish every 30 seconds to a minute!!! They loved holding the pole and digging for worms. Stella liked the way it felt on her hands. It was so nice to spend the afternoon with the family and be outside. I was ticked when I realized that the camera was in the car in Ludington!!! Those would have been some great shots!!!
It was a great family weekend and I'm glad that I was able to spend time with Quentin and my family.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad to hear the kids enjoyed fishing. I am not sure with Jadyn's personality if she would like it or not...but we will have to try fishing with her sometime soon.
"Catching a fish every 30 seconds". In Fox Hill, Virginia (Quentin's Dad and my home)that might be considered a bit of a "fish story" but since it's happened to me before, I believe it.
Nice buggy.
Well the pond isn't very big, it's a man made pond connected to a stream that flows in and out. I would say it's the size of an adult size circle trampoline.
Post a Comment