Sunday, May 25, 2008

Race Complete

Every time I come around it's like Bling, Bling Bling!!
Looking good Q!
So happy to complete the race.
Thumbs Up.
Exhausted but happy.


It couldn't have been a more beautiful morning for a race. We woke up at 4:30 in the morning and we were out the door at 5:00 a.m. There were a lot of people racing. But the view of the course was along the Grand Traverse Bay. It was so pretty. As the race started I realized I forgot to take my inhaler. Opps!!! Despite my heavy breathing and feeling like I was going to pass out, I finished the whole 10k running!! Quentin ran with me for 5 miles and the last mile he went on his own. He and Lizelle finished in 1 hour and 1 minute and I finished with a time of 1 hour and 6 minutes. I'm glad that I accomplished a 10k. I don't think I'll do another one anytime soon. I got sick afterwards, and I don't think that my body can handle 6.2 miles. I think I"ll stick with 5k's.
I enjoyed being with Quentin and Lizelle. I'm just sorry that I wasn't much fun on the way home.
On the way there we stopped at a gas station to use the bathrooms and get some rolaids for our stomachs. Quentin found these "Grill" suckers and so we each had to get one. That is what you see in our mouths in a couple of the pics.

4 comments:

Katie staten said...

Way to go Kasey! I'm so glad you were able to make it the whole way, especially without your inhaler.
And thanks for clarifying what's in your mouth. I was a little concerned with what the race had done to you. :)
Good Job!

Candace said...

The grillz are hilarious. I smiled the second I saw it. I clicked on the pictures to see them bigger and Eva paused from stacking books to point at Quentin's teeth and say "It's crazy."
Congratulations on doing the race.

Lindsey said...

Awesome job Kase. That is great that you were able to run the whole way. I am sorry to hear you got sick afterwards.

The "grill" is nice. I'm jealous!

Robin V said...

Congrats, Kasey! I'm glad you made it all the way (even if you never do another 10k!)

And thanks for explaining the 'grill' suckers - I was really worried about you guys...!