Friday morning Quentin packed up the Charger and the two kids and took off for McBain.
I had an appointment with the Allergist at 8:00 in the morning. The decided to give me an allergy test. The test consisted of 60 pokes on my back. Each poke injects a bit of a serum in my skin. If it welts and gets really red, I'm allergic to it. Well out of the 60 pokes I am allergic to 58 of them!!! It's supposed to take 20 minutes to see how my body reacts to everything. After about 2 minutes the doctor came in and said, "Stop the test, she's allergic to everything!!!" Apparently it was too much for my body, and he was concerned that I would have a really bad reaction if the test went on any longer. I really wished I had brought my camera to show everyone what it looked like. My poor back looked like it was stung by 60 bees in perfect formation. Rows and rows of welts!!! It was the worst feeling to lay there and not be able to scratch or itch at my back. They took good care of me though. Put some steroid cream on me and gave me a couple of pills for the allergies. The doctor told me I am one of those people who "should live in a bubble." I have had allergies all my life but they are getting worse every year. Now they have me on three medications for the allergies, and I have to start taking shots once a week for the next 5 years it sounds like!! After the 5 years I shouldn't have any more allergies!!! Yikes!!!! How have I survived this long? lol
They also sent me home with an inhaler for exercising. I have exercised induced asthma also!! So hopefully I"ll be able to run longer too!!!!
After that I went and got a pedicure at a salon. Sharon gave me some money and said go get a pedicure at Trombli, you'll love it. 1.5 hour pedicure!!! Wonderful. It was fun to treat myself to that. The rest of the day despite the rain, I was able to go shopping and have some quiet time for myself. It was awesome!!! I loved it!!!
The kids had so much fun at Grandpa and Grandma's house last weekend too. They took them to see baby pygmy goats. They also got to hold baby kittens and see the cows on the farm.
Quentin's basketball team also won their tournament in Brimley this past weekend. He was able to take some cash home for the family!! Good job honey!!!
1 comment:
Crazy about the allergies. I thought that they would just give you Claritin or something like that. Is your back feeling better and welt free?
Post a Comment