Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Security Alarm: Out of My Control!!

Last night I went to Meijer to get groceries. Quentin told me to use the spare key in his Subaru. As I was walking back to the car ready to load the groceries in, I pulled out the key put it in the door to unlock it, and that is when it went all down hill!!!

The car alarm went off and I couldn't get it to stop. Talk about embarrassing.

First I thought, just play it cool, put the key in the ignition and turn the key and the car will start up and the alarm will go off. Wrong. The security completely turned it off. Next thought was, flip, I don't have cell phone what am I going to do? I tried to play it cool, I loaded my groceries in the car then got in the front seat pulled out the manual and started reading to find the page where it says turn off the alarm!!!! I couldn't focus the alarm was so loud. I looked out of the window and there was this older couple "rolling" in the Cadillac with shinny rims looking at me. I shouted over the alarm,"I don't know what to do." The man came out of his car, asked for the key and said this is what you gotta do. He put the key back in the door turned it one way and then another, quickly a few times and then it shut off. I was never more thankful for silence. At that time his wife came out of the car, and says, " You used to be my Curves instructor." I felt so bad that I didn't remember her name but her and her husband were so friendly.

After the alarm shut off, I gave them both a hug, and thanked them for stopping. As I was opening the door, the stinking alarm goes off again!! Agghhhhhhhhh!!!

He grabs the key again, does his two turns one way, three turns the other way and gets it to stop again. He opens the door and it starts again. I then asked for a cell phone and called Quentin to bring the other set of keys to me that had the security button on it so I could shut if off. The lovely couple went on their way.

I stood next to my car with a small box of clementines on the roof. I did my best to make it not look obvious about what was going on. I walked around my car, eating clementines while I waited for Quentin to get there. After about 10 minutes Wilson showed up with the other set of keys. I guess he was over at the house with Quentin. Quentin was working on the motorcycles so Wilson went.

What an eventful night last night!! I'm just so thankful for that nice couple who helped me. I think that this is a sign it's time for me to get a cell phone!!!


Stella has been two days with out her plug!!! The first night with out it, it only took her two hours and 45 minutes to fall asleep. The next day, nap time was no problem. Then the next night was 2 hours before she fell asleep. Nap time today took about an hour and tonight took about an hour. She still asks for it, but I tell her it's in the plug shop and that it's broke and is going to take years and years to fix.
She's two now, she needs to be done with that stage. I took Gibson's away when he was 1!


Quentin had his interview Monday. He said it went really well. He'll find out next Monday if he got the job or not!! I have a good feeling about it.

We also pulled out our shrubs in the front of the house. We are going to put a small perennial garden there. I'm excited for all of our outdoor projects. I think I'm in a bit over my head. It's starting to overwhelm me a bit. I'm not a patient person. Then only time I can work on it with out disruption is at night after the kids go to bed.


1 comment:

Katie staten said...

Talk about an eventful trip to the store. Thank goodness for nice people.
Livvy hasn't had her binky for over a week now. SHe'll only ever ask for it when she's having a melt down. Good Luck with Stella.
Katie