As most of you know, Quentin left yesterday for his training in New Jersey. I dropped him off yesterday at the airport around 2:30. After several delays and cancellations, he was able to leave Kalamazoo airport around 4:50 I believe. He flew into Chicago. There he had a couple of hours to chill and get something to eat. His flight from Chicago to New Jersey was a nightmare. Since the weather was so bad, the flight was very rough, resulting in a lot of sick people on the plane. Quentin experienced his first PANIC ATTACK!! He said, that he had to close his eyes, and focus on his breathing. He was sweating a lot and felt sick. Between the smell and hearing everyone around him get sick, who wouldn't feel like him. He said, that is was the worst feeling in the world. A big guy like him stuck in a smelly plane full of barf bags, and sick people. Quentin never threw up, but wished he had.
After he gets off the plane, he thought the rest of the trip was smooth sailing. Well he gets to the luggage claim, and he grabbed his garment bag, but his suitcase never showed. They lost his luggage!!!
After talking to the right people to report the lost luggage, he hops on a Taxi and heads toward the hotel. He arrives at the hotel, where the Taxi driver tells him, it's $80.00 for the ride, and he doesn't take credit cards. So he had to go to an ATM to with drawl the money out from our account to pay for the taxi ride.
It's midnight now, and he finally arrives in his tiny hotel room with a flat screen t.v.. When he called me last night he said, "I'm never flying again. I'm spent."
2 comments:
Wow...what an ordeal. At least it is over. I don't think I could have handled being around all those people using the barf bags. Here I thought they were mostly for humor....I guess some people actually have to use them!
His lost luggage is lost no more. They dropped it off to him this morning. So he has everything. He said everything is good, but the tests are going to be hard.
Post a Comment