Sunday, February 3, 2008
The sweet spirit of children.
As I was singing with the junior primary in primary class today, the spirit touched me. We were singing the song,"I Am A Child Of God." And I looked over to the Sunbeams class which consists of 3 and 4 year old children. And they are singing this song word for word. I look over at my son who is one of the many new children in Sunbeams, and he is singing as well. Even though physically they are small, their hearts and their spirits were heard in that song today. It brought tears to my eyes as I watched and sang with the children: "I am a child of God, and he has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with him someday."
I feel that the best lessons I learn are from the children. I love to be in primary with them, and I love to hear them sing. I know that Heavenly Father lives and I know that Jesus is the Christ and that we have the gift of the Holy Ghost to help us make good choices and to choose the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I also agree that we can learn the most from little children. They are so kind and loving and without guile. I think that is why we are commanded to "becometh as a little child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love" (Mosiah 3:19).
I loved this post. Thanks Kasey. I'm close to tears. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father would trust me to be a mother for some of His children.
Post a Comment