I'm back safely from our trip. I'm tired, but I have a tan. Both things were to be expected. We had a wonderful time with our family. The wedding was beautiful despite the storm that blew threw 2 hours before the wedding. Things were a little tense for a bit, considering it was an outdoor wedding. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing though, after the storm the weather dropped 20 degrees and cooled everything down. I now have another brother in law in the Hunt family. Congrats Sharlyn and Lee. Hope you enjoy your honeymoon!!
The kids were great for my parents and sisters. They had so much fun, and never once asked about us!! I found a turtle along side of the road before we left and they kept it for a few days and then let it go. They were able to visit a petting zoo, go fishing, play games, feed cows etc. Thanks to all of you who gave great advice on what to do while we were away. I decided on making books. They each told me what they wanted to do while they were at G & G's house. I then wrote one sentence on each page and added a box at the end. They had to draw the picture of the thing they wanted to do. Once they did what that page read, they could check it off . For example: On one of Gibson's pages it read, " I want to ride tractor with Papa." So he drew a picture of a tractor and Papa. They loved making the book and showing it to them when they got there. They didn't want to leave today when we picked them up!! I could tell that we were missed. It was so nice to be able to spend some alone time and have a break. Now we're gearing up for our trip out West. 24 hours in a car with the kids!!!! Giddy up!!
Here are a few things I observed while visiting Alabama:
* I was either called Miss Kasey, Baby, or Honey by strangers or acquaintances.
* People in Alabama can sing!
* It's hot down there. It may be 90 but with humidity it feels well over 100!
* The pool water is like bath water.
* Hot boiled peanuts and BBQ restaurants.......... everywhere!
* I do not like grits.
* Southern Hospitality was questioned with our hotel arrangements!! Don't go to a hotel that is being taken over by new managment!! However, for the most part we were treated real nice, especially at the Bay Pointe Marriot in Panama City.
* The speed limits are ridiculous. 45, 20 ft ahead 55, 30 ft ahead, 65, then back down to 45.
It was the weirdest thing.
* Several ranches. Beautiful houses with front porches and rocking chairs.
* Rent is really cheap in AL compared to MI!!
* Alabama people love their football!!!
* We ate at the Boatyard one night in Panama City. It was delicious!! We had Q to entertain us during our one hour wait for our food. Can you balance a quarter with two forks on the edge of a glass?
* The flowers are beautiful. I couldn't believe how big the Hydrangeas were.
13 comments:
Sounds like fun. I thought Alabama was quite interesting as well!
Glad to hear Gib and Stella had fun in your absence.
So glad you are back safe and sound. Sounded like you had a nice time. I have never been to Alabama...but I think after your post I would love to go.
I'm glad you are back safely. You look great. I haven't been to Alabama. I'm going to have to take a visit.
So glad you had a great trip and came home to find happy kids! Did you love having alone time with Q? After your 24 hours in the car with kids, you may want to take another adults only trip! :)
Oh how fun my friend. It really looks like you had a great time!! I loved the things you discovered about the south. Even though I live in Florida noone here considers it the south! LOL. We are just a melting pot state!
Hugs.
Kim
Welcome back! What a fun trip--glad the storm cleared up before the ceremony.
I am glad the trip went so well and that your kids were good while you were gone!
Now I wanna go to Alabama! What a great idea you had for your kids while they were at their grandparents house! No wonder they didn't ask about you :)
Looks like we are going to miss seeing each other this month!! I am glad you are back - Tiana is mad she is missing activity days!!! It looks like we need to have you and Q preform for a RS event!!!!
Did you perform at the wedding? Or was Q just playing the guitar. I don't envy the Utah drive, been there a few LONG WYOMING/NEBRASKA times.
I loved that the kids didn't miss you. The book was a great idea. You looked like you had a lot of fun which is awesome. I am going to stop in on you some time. I haven't seen you in forever.
yes,Kelly I sang You Say It Best by Allyson Kraus.
Glad that you made it there and back safely! Sounds like you had fun! I have never been to Alabama but my Mom & Dad lived there a LONG time ago during their military days. My older brother was born there.
Post a Comment