Last weekend my Mom let me pick out some things of my Great Aunt Stella's. (who my daughter is named after) These are the things that are now my treasures!!

She made several linen dresses with hand embroidery for her 3 daughters who were either still born or miscarried. If you look closely this one has some pink and blue flowers on it. I think I'm going to have this framed and put in Stella's room. I think it's beautiful. All the time she put into making these dresses. It was made in the mid 1900's.

She also made the runner behind all these great post cards and valentines!! I was even able to grab a Dutch Christmas post card. The detail on these post cards is amazing. I' looking for frames right now to put the Easter ones up.

Some of these valentine's are too funny. "Make me your hobby!" The girl's arm in the top left picture will move up and down like she's brushing her teeth when you bend the paper by her shoulder. This is a Colgate card.
Do you have any family antiques that you hold near and dear to your heart?
3 comments:
What a special little dress to have. It would look so, so cute framed.
PS I love Stella's name :)
OMGosh! These are wonderful! I love that little dress. The only things that I have are old pictures. When my Grandfather died my Grandmother let me go through several boxes of pictures. I got to pick out any that I wanted. So, I have pics of Great Grandparents that I never met.
Those ARE some real treasures! Lucky you.
Post a Comment