Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Last Two Weeks

 Stella and Gibson have started using the Legos. I am so glad. Before they didn't have much interest in them. Now they love to create structures. 


Gibson and Waylon both had their Tonsils and Adenoids out on the 13th. Gibson was constantly snorting, hacking, snoring, you name it, he was making pretty much every annoying/ disgusting sound. Waylon snored, had ear infections, and  restless sleep. He also choked easily. We had went to two other E.N.T. Doctors before seeing Dr. Graves. She is wonderful! She really listened to us and could see that our boys were miserable and was all about improving quality of life!!  We decided to have them both get the surgery at the same time. My parents came down the night before and went to the surgery with Q and I. They were such a big help.

 Before Surgery!!

 It was hard for Waylon to open his mouth real wide but if you look close you can see his tonsils.
When they were waking up from surgery both were pretty upset. Waylon seemed mad, confused, and restless. Gibson was worried b/c his tongue had swollen and said he couldn't live with a big tongue. The swelling went down after a couple of hours. They have gotten a lot of rest since then. Popsicles and mac and cheese seem to be top picks for them.  Gibson was good about getting extra fluids in him, Waylon we had to force him. It was hard, because he didn't understand really what was going on, other than his throat hurt. We got plenty of snuggling in with him. 



My sister and Connor stayed with us from Thursday through Saturday. 
I love it when my family comes to visit. 


 Stella loved to hold Connor! 








 Waylon had to be right next to Connor if Q or I were holding him.



This is my squeaker dog. I had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was 8. I couldn't speak after my surgery. I had to squeak this dog anytime I needed something!  I am surprised my parents didn't burn it after I was finished with it. 
 

 Gibson got several get well cards from his classmates!! 



1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

It seems like overall it was a good experience! I hope they do better now!

And I have to say, I still LOVE that haircut on Stella. It is so flattering on her. I wish I could look that good. :)