Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Introducing...... Connor!

 During my sister's pregnancy most of us thought for sure she was having a girl. Her friend had given her baby a nickname, Oliver/Ollie. To those who were not real close to Krisann and the pregnancy, they naturally assumed she was having a boy due to the baby's nickname. I originally thought boy, but with the higher heart rates at the check ups I thought girl. She called me last Friday, two days after her due date and said the doctor had just checked her and she was at a 3! He predicted the baby to be in her arms Friday evening or by Saturday. All during that day, she walked, stayed busy, trying to keep the every 8 minute contractions going. She text me that she was afraid of going to bed. She didn't want the contractions to stop. 
With my last pregnancy, that is when my labored started, when I stopped trying to rush it along, and let nature take it's course. Sure enough, she woke up with some strong contractions. They went to the hospital.  At 6:00 a.m. I got a phone call from my Mom saying your sister is at the hospital she is at an 8!! In 10 minutes I was on the road for a 2 hour drive, ready to meet my niece or nephew! Half way into the drive I got a text from my Mom saying she had a boy! Mom called and I was able to speak to my sister. Her tone in her voice was calm, happy, and tired. She had just given birth to a beautiful baby boy! Connor Timothy has arrived!

 Just a couple of hours old here. Connor weighed in at 9lbs 3oz, 22 1/2 inches long.

 This nurse was excellent. She made sure Dad and Mom were very hands on for the 1st bath.


The Grandma's even got to particiapte in Connor's 1st bath. He loved the water. He was so calm.

 After the bath he had some skin to skin contact with Mom. My sister had an amazing labor and delivery. Watching her hold her son was magical. I dreamed about the day when my sister would have her own child. Now we can have those conversations about parenting, getting the cousins together to play, etc.


 Dad did an amazing job too! He is so proud, and is in complete love of his family!


 I just marvel at Heavenly Father's precious gift he has given them. It is truly a miracle- the gift of life.

 Motherhood looks good on her!


 Lots of snuggling.

 Lots of loving! I was able to spend a night in the hospital with Connor and Krisann, while Derek went home to get a good night of sleep. I got as much lovin in as I could!



I got her a blue orchid in honor of having a precious baby boy!

 I just love his little grip.



Momma and Aunt Kait adoring him!

 This is why I love to take pictures. To catch this beautiful moment.


 Grandma is the best! She loves her grandbabies!


Proud Grandparents of grandchild #4!

Welcome to this world Connor Timothy! We love you!!

2 comments:

McCormack Family Blog said...

Kasey- you take such amazing pics! Good work!!!!

Robin V said...

Beautiful boy. Beautiful pictures.
Congrats to your sister & her hubbie.