Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vacation Part 2





We started our trip around the island by visiting the LDS Temple.  The temple is truly a beautiful place. The palm trees on each side represent 12 tribes of Israel and 12 Apostles.


The temple has a lot of symbolism. The three fountains represent, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. 


Great detail on the temple.

View from the top of the hill. Ocean view. 



Outside temple the temple we came across this. It is not a pineapple though it looks like one, but some other thing the natives use to make necklaces out of. Pretty nonetheless.



After the temple, we drove to the best place on the island for shrimp dishes. Nice bus right? Thousands of signatures on it. 

 A delicious, buttery mess!

I tried the shrimp and didn't care for it. So.. we walked over to the Kahuku Grill. 


 I had the best bbq chicken and salad! 

BYU campus. Each flag represent a student who attends BYU. Over 80 of them.

We stopped at a local roadside stand for some fresh pineapple. We ate a lot of it!! Nothing compares to fresh Hawaiian pineapple.

We ventured to another park and saw these boy fishing. There lines were cast out about 20-30 yards and if they got a fish the cow bell on the rod would start ringing. They were chilling listening to some music. 

Gibson asked to bring him a coconut home, I took this picture of 1/2 a coconut instead.

 Love, love the flowering trees. 

Waikiki sunset. 

Beautiful skies.
The day ended perfectly catching this beautiful sunset on camera.

5 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! We would love to go back. We went to Oahu when Sierra and Makenna were 4 and 18 months. We had a ball! We didn't do a lot of driving or exploring of the city {except at dinner time, lol!}, but we all loved just relaxing on the sand.

CK said...

Oh my goodness! Goregeous, gorgeous pictures!

AnnaBanana said...

Love your pics! I've been to the "shrimp bus" too! Pretty garlicky good. We are going to Maui next month . . . yippeee! Glad you had a great time!

Candace said...

Your vacation looks awesome! I'm glad you had a great time. I loved the picture of Q standing sideways on the cliff. Did you do lots of swimming? Why did you choose not to swim by the waterfall?

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the temple, I love the colors. What a great spot, my daughter and her husband lived there for two years while he was at school, so fun to visit.