Guest post by Q (Kasey's husband)
Where do I begin? I did not have high hopes for the half time show to begin with but the more I watched the more I realized my hopes, though low, were still too high. Do any pop "artists" write their own music or lyrics anymore. I can imagine how the halftime planning went. I can envision the Black Eyed Peas sitting around a large table with the commissioner, "OK, we have to fill 20 minutes of the Super Bowl half time. We don't even have enough talent to fill 30 seconds. I have a great idea, lets get people with talent, Slash and Usher, to come in. We will fill the rest with terrible singing of 80's songs we didn't write."
So, they come out on stage looking like characters from Tron, but acting and sing like characters from American Idol Rejects.
When I watch a Super Bowl half time show I want real live music, instruments, mics, amps, and NO AUTO TUNE!! Is that too much to ask?
Don't even get me started on Christina murdering the National Anthem!
4 comments:
I concur with Q's assessment. The national anthem had me reeling.
Maybe if they just stuck with the game and forget the glitz. It worked when I was a kid.
As for Christina; 4 years ago this German singer screwed up the German Anthem during the World Cup, and in a flashback of Nazi times, 2/3rds of the country wanted to deport her.
We Americans are above that though...right?
Totally agree!! It was a mess.
I'm just pretending Christina was just nervous and had a quick memory lapse. I know I would if I had to sing in front of that many people. (They'd wish they had a memory shut-down!)
As for the super bowl, I'd like to watch American Idol rejects. The real ones, that's quite entertaining.
Post a Comment