Monday, November 30, 2009

My Mom was Right!

Here I am 6 months into my pregnancy and I have not wrote one journal entry about my pregnancy with Waylon. With Gibson and Stella I kept a hand written journal of appointments, milestones, and expiriences of being pregnant with each child.


I come from a family of 3 girls. I remember looking through my baby book, and every space is filled with details of the birth, family history, and cards from friends and family welcoming me into the world. My youngest sister Kaitlyn's (#3) baby book, has maybe a couple of pages filled., but it is mostly blank. I said that I would never do that to my kid's book! I would be one of those Mom's who keeps up on baby books, and is on top of things. My Mother said, life happens, and with each kid you have less and less time for baby books! She said she had the memories in her head.


I have nothing to show for Waylon........... yet! So I guess, my Mother was right. I have had every intention of writing entries in the pregnancy journal for Waylon. Like my Mother, life happens. I am busy with the other two, and by the end of the night, I've been just wanting to veg or go to bed.

Here are the Top 10 highlights of my pregnancy with Waylon so far!!!

10. For the 1st 3 months I was sick, couldn't keep anything in me. No weight gain for the 1st 3 months. And then 12 lbs in 7 weeks. OUCH!!

9. I had 3 ultra sounds already. Plenty of chances to see him. I had the ultrasound tech tell me that their were abnormalities and that testing was encouraged by a doctor. And two weeks later another doctor reviewed the ultrasound and said that he couldn't find any abnormalities and that the baby was fine.

8. It's actually been fun shopping for maternity clothes this time around. They finally have jeans with long inseam, and cute tops. Thank you Old Navy and GAP!

7. Gibson and Stella like to feel my belly, and tell me that I'm getting huge everyday.

6. Finding his name watching a movie with Q!

5. Having the kids go to the ultrasound and see him on the screen!

4. Feeling him move. It truly is a miracle.

3. Going for walks with a friend who is due the same day as me. She is having a girl.

2. Eating peanutbutter M&M's.

1. And I can't wear my wedding ring, it's giving me a reaction. Itching, and a rash. Fake rings are okay to wear. Strange.


There are a couple of highlights of the pregnancy thus far. I hope to be a little better at keeping up with the journal now!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I had to promise myself with my third one that he would have everything the same as the first two and so far so good...he is 4 and his scrapbooks look the same as the girls. My mom did that with my brother too...my books were full and his are non existent.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

It's so hard to keep up the more children you have. But, if it's any consolation, I take WAY more pictures now with my third than I ever took with my first two. Not that I didn't take a lot of pictures, but now I take like 100 every day ;) And blogs are a great way to journal :)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I loved your highlights of your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear more!
Oh and by my 3rd child, I'm not even sure I had a baby book! LOL.
Hugs
Kim

val m said...

I only have two and I dropped the ball. I really think that the highlights are perfect!! You can feel the excitement. Waylon is blessed to have you for a mother! P.S. - I love the name!!

The Dragonfly said...

I'm so excited for you Kasey! I'm gearing up to make you something special for this baby {not the nursing cover unless you give me the go} so keep us posted as things keep going. Pregnancy is miraculous!