Monday, July 20, 2009

We Tried


This past weekend we tested out to see if our family could handle having a dog. We said we would NEVER have a dog. My sister found a stray roaming the halls of the school she was working at. A groomed shitizu. They didn't want her and thought she would be great for the family. I thought well since they were coming down for the weekend, we would give it a shot. She was already potty trained, meek, mild and quiet.


When they got her down here, she was very scared. We gave her a bath and she was very very good. She smelled and looked so much better. The kids were overly excited and was in the dogs face constantly. Well, she didn't like that and she bit Stella on the nose and Gibson on the head. Gibson deserved it. He was throwing a pillow at it. Stella was just trying to give it a kiss. Now she has "polka dots" on her nose! After the biting incidents and the pee accident on the carpet, we decided not to keep her. I personally would have kept her. She was great with me, however, she growled at Q. And with the biting, we decided she wasn't a good fit for us.

So if you know of anybody who would love a shitizu that likes females and peace and quiet you can have her!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... she's a real cutie! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I wish I could have her but with 3 indoor cats, 2 outdoor cats, and a husband that's allergic to dogs I guess I better pass. I hope you are able to find her a good home.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH goodness no! After this last dog of ours goes we will finally be FREE! FREE I say! Sorry, got a little excited. Our dog is so old now she has us landlocked! We can't leave her for long periods of time and she's too big to take with us. *sigh* We love her but we would like to go on vacation sometime soon! LOL
Good luck with finding an owner.
Hugs.
Kim

Clenece said...

Poor Stella. I hope your able to find the dog a good home! Atleast you tried!

The Dragonfly said...

How very brave of you to give it a go! I, as meanest mom on the planet, have banned the very idea of having a dog . . . with good reason - I'm allergic and so is Chris. But I don't even want an outdoor dog! We'll stick with fish.

He & Me + 3 said...

We would love a dog...but we have three very loud children that would be in that doggies grill all the time. We will have to pass:)

heidi said...

You know how I feel about dogs.

But yay you on giving it a chance!

Frugal Finds said...

I love my dog like one of my kids. However, when we kept the stray we found for a week, I found no love loss between us. The right dog can be a wonderful addition to a family. Maybe you will try again with another dog.

Small House said...

She is really cute....but with that said, ummmm....thanks for the offer????
Hope you find her a good home.
Sandra