I am going to answer your questions since Mike gave you a hard time!
Well, so far for Jadyn we have just done a few small gifts for her. Our budget is usually around $20-30.
Now, with Maya's birthday coming up, I am at a loss of what to get her. We have plenty of toys for her age so I am trying to come up with a meaningful gift that she can look back on and cherish. If only Nathan had time to write her a poem! Maybe I will give poetry writing a try with some hints from him.
We are pretty cheap, too...$10 for a party gift sounds about right to me (I usually try to stock up on clearance items or fill a cute purse with cheap items) and for my kids we usually stick to $30. Their expectations will grow as they get older, so we want to start small. For Aaron last year all we did is make a cake and get his pictures taken!
Cheap, Cheap here. I felt the Dragonfly's pain. I only have a few birthday "partys" for my kids with other kids invited and I say: don't bring presents please. (Lame, I'm sure if my kids knew any better they'd hate me.) I have found it makes my child a brat and I hate it.
As far as gifts, lately we have been buying the large pencils and a notebook/diary at the dollar store. $2.00, but all the kids have loved it so far. If I have cash we wrap it around the pencil as a card, usually 2 bucks.
Hey Kasey! Thanks for the shout out. Thought I'd pitch in with our go to "almost tween" boy idea, which is to get one of the jumbo boxes of candy and tie a $10 gift card on to it. It's either that or look for Lego sets as they're going on clearance!
5 comments:
Thanks for posting this link.
I am going to answer your questions since Mike gave you a hard time!
Well, so far for Jadyn we have just done a few small gifts for her. Our budget is usually around $20-30.
Now, with Maya's birthday coming up, I am at a loss of what to get her. We have plenty of toys for her age so I am trying to come up with a meaningful gift that she can look back on and cherish. If only Nathan had time to write her a poem! Maybe I will give poetry writing a try with some hints from him.
We are pretty cheap, too...$10 for a party gift sounds about right to me (I usually try to stock up on clearance items or fill a cute purse with cheap items) and for my kids we usually stick to $30. Their expectations will grow as they get older, so we want to start small. For Aaron last year all we did is make a cake and get his pictures taken!
Cheap, Cheap here. I felt the Dragonfly's pain. I only have a few birthday "partys" for my kids with other kids invited and I say: don't bring presents please. (Lame, I'm sure if my kids knew any better they'd hate me.) I have found it makes my child a brat and I hate it.
As far as gifts, lately we have been buying the large pencils and a notebook/diary at the dollar store. $2.00, but all the kids have loved it so far. If I have cash we wrap it around the pencil as a card, usually 2 bucks.
Hey Kasey! Thanks for the shout out. Thought I'd pitch in with our go to "almost tween" boy idea, which is to get one of the jumbo boxes of candy and tie a $10 gift card on to it. It's either that or look for Lego sets as they're going on clearance!
We throw the party and they don't even miss our gifts because they get so many from friends & family. Works for us.
Post a Comment