Thursday, May 28, 2009

With Silver Bells and Cockle Shells?



How does your garden grow?



Our flower bed in the back of the house. The previous owners loved to garden. 90% of what is in here is what they have planted. I lay mulch down on all the beds.
Our vegetable garden is planted. This is my first garden. I'm a bit nervous but very excited and hopeful for a good harvest. I've planted beans, tomatoes, peppers, summer squash, acorn squash, radish, carrots, onions, cucumber, spinach, and zucchini. I was able to get a 50 gallon water barrel from a friend.Radish seedlings.
One of my pepper plants.
We've been busy clearing out the dead branches off our Pine trees. This is behind the garden. As you can see, we have a lot of cleaning up to do now!! It's either here or in one of the flower beds where I got poison ivy!! Thankfully it's a mild case. It only itches at night.
Front flower bed. I planted several bulbs in the front right and back left, I hope they come up. They were on clearance at Meijer!!

Cute little bird house. Hobby Lobby is having 50% off on their garden decor.

I love these shrubs in the front of our house. The blossoms are really pretty.

8 comments:

val m said...

Your yard is looking awesome! It's a lot of work, but so much fun at the same time!

He & Me + 3 said...

I need some garden decor...totally heading to Hobby Lobby. Thanks! Your gardens look great BTW!

Unknown said...

Your yard looks great!

Small House said...

Isn't gardening fun? A lot of work though. Beautiful yard!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great! Good luck with your garden.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh man, I am too scared to start a garden. We'd have to build a cement wall around it so the dog wouldn't eat it!

We just planted our flowers last week too. I hate weeding! Your yard looks great and I'm sure your garden will do fine!

Peggy said...

Oh Kasey . . . I'm envious! WOW! What a garden and your landscaping is great! Keep us posted, on your seedlings!

Amy said...

Have you heard of Square Foot Gardening? I haven't read the book, but think I understand the principle. Supposedly, you can get a much larger harvest than traditional row gardening... oops, you've already planted... maybe next year?

This is my first visit to your blog and wow! Do I love the pics in your header! Those are awesome and SO FUN. You must love them.