I recently received a package from a fellow blogger, Kim. Thanks again!! I won an apron made by her, along with some clips and towels. I was inspired to grill!!
This weekend we had some friends over. We grilled two different kinds of shish kabobs. They were both very good. I think I'll be making these often this summer. Easy to make, and they taste awesome.
Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
1/4C soy sauce
1/4C cider vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp canola oil
10 large mushrooms, cut in half
2 green onions, minced
3 skinless, boneless chicken cut into chunks
1/2 lb sliced bacon, cut in half
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
skewers
Directions:
In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixtures, and stir to coat. cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15-20 minutes brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Shish Kabob
1 lb beef sirloin
1/2C vinegar
2Tbsp. salad oil
1 med. onion, chopped
2Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Green pepper, cut in wide strips
6 sm. tomatoes, halved.
Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Mix vinegar, oil, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Marinate meat into mixture for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove meat and alternate on 4 skewers with green pepper and tomatoes. Brush with marinade. Broil 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning once.
* I changed this up a bit. I added purple and red pepper too. I also used grape tomatoes.
4 comments:
those sound so good!
Yum! Now I just need to get the Hubby a new grill for Father's Day since ours gave out at the end of the fall and is still sitting like a dinosaur on our back deck!
Those shisk kabobs sound yummy and I'm glad you liked the apron.
Hugs.
Kim
Beautiful apron! Those kabobs sound mighty tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipes!
Post a Comment