Recently Q took the kids to a local community event held for children 0-5 yrs. Kids 2 and older were able to be supervised by staff while parents were able to visit various booths about all the opportunities kids have in our surrounding cities. Dinner was provided along with door prizes and freebies. The picture above is what the kids came home with. I was impressed. I think our community has a lot to offer. There are several programs, library story times, play groups, etc, to get your child involved in the community.
What do you like about your community? Do they have several programs available to you and your family? Is there something you wish they would add or take away?
7 comments:
We have an event similiar to that too. I think that the communities do a great job around the holidays, but need to reach out just a bit more during the rest of the year with free or cheap events for the family.
Wow we don't have anything like this. It is a great idea.
Well, you know I don't have children but I stay informed about stuff. We live in a large city. There is lots to do here. If i did have children they definitely would not be bored...:o)
Community? What's that? Maybe you have to have kids to get involved in our community.
We have a lot of stuff for low income people. But the middle class seems left out.
That sounds like a fun event. I'm kind of out of the loop since my kids are old now ;)
It looks like you found a lot of fun things that your community offers. We always did story hour, my kids did enjoy that.
WOW, they got a lot for one night!
Post a Comment