"And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to believe and to know the truth, they were firm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace." Alma 24:19
Self Reflection:
What are your most "lethal" or damaging relationship weapons of war (thoughts, feelings, actions)? Which have done the most damage in your relationships? Which one is presently hurting you the most? Which ones are you ready to bury?
When I have a disagreement with my hubby I usually put up a wall and think to myself how could he think that? I need to remember that he is wired differently than me. :) More patience.
Sometimes I just shut down and do not want to talk about it anymore. I think I could work on the maturity level a bit!!
Challenge:
Write down your relationship weapons of war and rank each one as to how damaging they are in your relationships on a scale of 0-10, 10 being the most damaging. Then make a decision which one you'll bury first. Write down the "relationship weapon" and bury it in a special box to remind you of your commitment. Once your feel you have removed the relationship weapon from your life, focus on removing the next weapon on your list.
3 comments:
Great post. They always make me think so hard. I am not always a fair fighter...so boy I have some work to do.
Nice post. Actually right now I'm upset about something I can't even remember why I'm upset. Heaven forbid I should just walk away from it. SO I'm burying Pride. I have a big hole to dig.
THANKS!
Sandra
Very cool excersize, now the question is if we can get the hubbies involved in doing this too!
Post a Comment