Is it just me or do you have the same silly problem with cars as I do?
Let me explain.
Last week I was driving my husband's vehicle to the library with the kids. As I was accelerating to 40 mph the steering wheel started shaking. It was shaking so bad that Gibson asked why my arms were moving. I pulled off the road and looked at all the tired thinking, maybe it's a flat. Nope, everything looks good. I started driving again. Still shaking. I decided to turn around. When I got home the front tire looked like it was smoking. I urged Q to come out and drive it so he can figure out the problem. As we got up to the same speed as before when the shaking started, the car didn't shake at all for him!!!! Go figure. He said the smoke from the front tire was probably snow melting off the tires. You see, my husband didn't use his mirrors the last time he was pulling out of his parents driveway and partly drove through their lawn that had over a foot of snow!!! Hence the reason why there was snow in the tires.
I pretty much looked like an overreacting idiot!!!! (when there kids in the car I'm more nervous!!)
But that's not all!!
This weekend I was coming out of a store and had pushed the unlock button, and the panic button went off. I was by myself. I continually pushed the panic button to shut it off. Still blaring with sound. About a minute had passed by, and a nice man came to me and tried to shut it off. Still blaring. I put the key in the car to unlock it. Now the panic noise went from slow to super fast like it was an atomic bomb ready to explode at any minute!!! He said, "turn the car on and it'll shut off." I turned the car on and it wouldn't shut off. By this time, I'm starting to get a headache!!! I turn the car off, shut the door push the panic button one more time, and what do ya know, it turned off!!! Finally!!!!! Thank goodness the town was dead and only two people witnessed the fiasco.
It seems I don't have a very good luck with cars.
In high school, I remember driving in my GMC Jimmy and I honked the horn at my friends who were standing around in a circle talking. In the middle of my steering wheel was the retangle horn. After I honked, it wouldn't stop. Honkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, seriuosly for two blocks. I was pounding on my steering wheel to pop that horn up. Finally it released and I could act like I was cool, driving in my GMC Jimmy with my Camaro rims again. Low Riders!!!!!
I also totalled my parent's new car two days before Christmas! I was on my way to Wal Mart with my sister. Went around a curve too fast and hit two trees and a boulder head on!! Thank goodness for air bags!! Merry Christmas Mom and Dad!!! I felt so bad.
I also hit three deer at one time and they all survived and it only knocked my running board off which was later fixed by my dad.
Wait, I'm not done. I had a Dodge Dynasty in college. I called it the Die Nasty. ( I was grateful for the car, it was fun to name them.) I was driving home and the belt broke and suddenly the car stopped. Luckily I wasn't too far from home. Dad came to the rescue again.
Cars are wondeful things. They get us to and fro. They are the worst investment to make but you kinda have to have one these days. I think it's rather amusing that things will go wrong for me while I"m in the car. And when I would ask my Dad or now Quentin to drive it, the problem seems to dissapear.
Maybe I'll become Amish and ride a bike or buy a buggy and horse!!!
I think last's post will be the only time you will see me under a car. I wanted to help my friends. If it was our car, I would make Q do it. It was fun being Mr. Mom for a night!!!
Got any car stories to share with me???
8 comments:
I backed into a tree at teh dentist office when I was a teenager. I also side swiped my dad's truck on a telephone pole, I buffed the brown out and it wasn't noticed for weeks. Then there was the time I bent the front license plate all the way when I drove part way onto the train tracks one night when I was distracted by a lighted Coca-cola truck going over the over pass.....I never totally fessed up to how that happened either.
Okay, I'm sorry . . . but I was giggling out loud, while reading this! Maybe you should invest in a driver or consider taking the bus!? :o)
The only bad car story I have is that back in high school, I bought a good (inexpensive) car. After awhile, every time I made a right hand turn, I had to hold onto my driver's side door, 'cause it would FLY OPEN!
Hopefully the shaking will stop . . . have you had your tires balanced lately? I'm sorry that you have such bad luck with cars . . . but thank your for sharing (and for the giggles)! :o) Keep us posted!
I am laughing (with you of course) while thinking about your post. That is some BAD luck! My only mishaps are: (1) while in college, I was doing a u-turn outside our townhouse going to a sorority thing....had 3 roommates with me...didnt see the oncoming car (SERIOUSLY!) and it hit on my side. The Lord was watching over us because no one was hurt. Got the car fixed...no problem. (2) During my first year teaching Geography, (same car) I was on my way to my now husbands football game that he was coaching. It was like an hour or two away from where I lived...on the way, I had a blow out or something and went over a culvert and into a fence. Scared me to death.....this was the beginning of bag phones..before cell phones like they are now! My poor now husband was so worried about what happened to me! I think I finally got a hold of someone else with a bag phone to let him know. The car was totalled, but other than a few bruises on my face from the air bag, I was OK. The funny part was that one of my coworkers was nice enough to take me to school and give me a ride home! Imagine the high schoolers laughing at me....just out of college, first year teacher, bumming rides off of people while waiting for the insurance check to come in. At least the coworker had some kind of NEW white camaro.....yeah....we looked cool! It was her first year to teach, too. Those students were jealous of us! HA!
You sound like me and my luck with cars too. I once hit a drunk driver...yes you read that correct. No brake lights he slammed on the brakes while all the other traffic was still going & I ran into his rear. He went to jail..I got a new car, everyone was ok. Ugh...I was so scared.
I am laughing so hard! I am invisioning you driving down the road with your horn blaring and you beating the steering wheel. That has got to be the funniest thing that I have ever read.
I seem to always take a brand new car and hit something in the garage. In the old house I hit a metal rod.... dented the bumper. Got rid of that car. Was pulling out of the new house turned the wheel too soon and hit the brick. Dented and took the paint off my 7 month old car. I still have yet to get it fixed. I am afraid if I get it fixed then it will jinx me. :o)
How the heck do you hit THREE deer at one time? Did I read that right?
OMgosh Kasey LOL I was totally laughing at you.
My first car accident involved me rearending a little oriental man because a bee flew down my shirt and I freaked out. It was definitely a sight to see.
I was going home from college for a visit. I had MY new car - it was old, but I loved it- the couple of weeks I had it. I gave a ride to a friends roomate and she kept offering to drive. I thought, "no" I feel good and I was enjoying the drive. After she asked several times (she was very nice) I decided to let her drive. The windows were down - it was the air conditioning and we were in the middle of the deseret in NV! All of the sudden I hear her yell I have something in my eye and she lost control, and yes! we rolled on the freeway! It was so scarry! If we would have rolled one more time, it would have been down a cliff! We had a nice family stop right away and they stayed with us until they knew we had a ride to CA and then they payed for our hotel room!! I have always been touched by their kindness! I am very nervous still about driving! I totaled my parents car too, when I was 16 and had hot rollers in my hair - they actually protected my head when it hit the window!
Post a Comment