Sunday, September 28, 2008

For You Heidi!

This is a first tag experience for me. You're going to get a little more of me in this post.
The rules of the tag are as follows:

1.Post the rules on your blog.
2.Write six random things about yourself.
3.Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.


1. I always like to coordinate my colors, whether it be paint on the walls or dressing myself and my kids.

2. I'm very impatient. I remember being 9 and wanting to babysit. When I was 12 I wanted to be 16. When I was 18 I wanted to be 21. And then I couldn't wait to get married and have a family. There are days now where I wonder, why was I in such a rush? lol I think that is why I was blessed with very active children who test my patience on a daily basis.

3. I love music. I sing all the time. My Dad and I sang in churches together when I was around 7 or 8 and we sang, the Raggedy Ann song: My Heart Says I Love You together. My Aunt Norma made me a Raggedy Ann doll. And I held on to it while I sang the song with my Dad. I think if I ever had to sing that song again with my Dad I would ball my eyes out. My Mom played the piano while we sang. Quentin recently told me that I sound terrible when I have my headphones in and I"m singing. Apparently when I can't hear myself sing, I'm off key. But coming for a man who can't carry much of a tune I'm not offended. (love ya, honey)

4. I'm obsessed with personal hygiene. My teeth have to be brushed at least 2-3 times a day and I have to take a shower at night before I go to bed. If I don't get a shower in I cannot sleep. I also have to sleep with a fan on. It drives my hubby crazy but I like the white noise.

5. I've always been a rule follower. I'm a people pleaser. I'm now finding that that can be a bad thing. I hate confrontation. Life is too short, why can't we all just get along?? Since I'm a rule follower does that make me a rebel for not breaking rules sometimes? I'm by far perfect!!! I've been told by my friends and family that I need to loosen up and relax and enjoy life a little more and not worry or try to please everyone. Make yourself happy first.

6. I have to give myself time outs. There are days when I feel like I just can't deal with life. I get stressed or brain fried. My solution is to leave Q with the kids at the house and I get to go for a car ride, run, or go shopping. All of these things relax me and give me time to think.


The six people I've picked to do the tag:

Sonja
Vanessa
Lindsey
Alicia
Katie
Valerie

2 comments:

heidi said...

Yay! Thanks for playing along. :-)

I was very impatient, too. I think it's part of being a kid - you just look forward ot the next milestone, and the next milestone until you realize that you need to pay attention to the NOW.

It was nice to get to know more baout you. :-)

Robyn said...

I love my time-outs!
The basement looks great!