Well today the dry wall was hung. We had to take some down and re lay it so it wouldn't warp in the future. Better to catch it now than later. We have the mudding guys come in tomorrow to finish the dry wall. Then hopefully we'll be able to lay the laminate in in a couple of days. This has been a stressful, and exhausting project. I just have to keep looking at the end result. We are really starting to feel it. Working on this from 7:30 to midnight is tiring. The kids are going a little stir crazy with all of their toys upstairs. The hardest part is their rooms are time outs. Now if they have a time out they love it b/c they go and play with their toys. When the downstairs is finished the toys will be back down there.
I'm feeling some what guilty that the main level of the house is being neglected. As much as we are going up and down the stairs I don't see the point of making sure it's clean. It's manageable. I did sweep tonight. Maybe I'll be ambitious and vacuum. Did I mention I'm tired?
I picked up the rest of the flooring tonight at Menard's. My good friend Juli came along for the ride. It was nice to have someone to talk to.
One step closer to the finished product!!
3 comments:
I BET you're tired! I can't imagine. I also don't blame you for not doing any extensive cleaning on the upstairs right now. I say just maintain it like you have been. Hang in there.
Glad to hear of the progress. Just think of all the calories you are burning by doing all that work!
You feel guilty that you're neglecting the upstairs?!? Girl, relax! I'm sure you're plenty busy with the downstairs, and keeping the family going. There's plenty of time to worry about the upstairs later!
Post a Comment