Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Knowledge is Power

I recently went to Sam's Club and bought a software called Quicken. For those of you not familiar with this software, it keeps track of your personal finances. I have always thought I do a good job of keeping track of our finances but I'm always learning of new ideas to improve. My mother in law has this software and she says it has help her out as well. I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm impressed with it and I give it a two thumbs up!!!

I recently read a book called The Guardian by Nicolas Sparks. 500 pages and I finished it in about two days. My mom would be so proud!!! It started out slow, but then picked right up and I was hooked. It was full of suspense, drama, and a love story .

I remember Mom reading when I was a child and thinking she was awesome because she could read books so fast!! I used to hate reading!! No exaggerating there!!! Now I absolutely love it. I guess the change occurred after I became a Mom. Or it could be something passed from generations. My Grandpa Bogard love to read. He had a small library down stairs in his house. My mom's library is in her bedroom and her closet!!! Now I think I'm slowly going to build one as well. I really enjoy reading to my kids. I'm thankful that they will sit still and read books with me. Stella sits in her princess chair sometimes and spends a long time looking at books, sometimes making her own story up or sometimes she'll sing the story.

Does anybody else have any good books to suggest for reading? I want to read Stolen Innocence and Wednesday Letters. Has anyone read those books yet? If so, what kind of rating would you give them?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

oh cool... thanks for the review of Quicken... I have heard of it before and we have talked about getting something like that.

The Casa Hunt said...

I read Wednesday Letters in 6 hours!
One night I couldn't fall asleep and I read it non stop!

It is a good book but not the greatest. It was a quick and easy read. I enjoyed the story though, kinda touching.
3 Stars! (out of 5)

The Casa Hunt said...

What kind of books do you like??
Before I suggest any.

Kasey said...

self help, lately I'm open to anything that sounds good to others. Maybe something that has a good meaning or something that will give me a ahh ha moment!!!

Derek Thompson said...

I am taking a class on quicken for my degree in the fall. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it.