Yesterday Gibson woke up with another migraine. I feel so helpless when he gets these. He isn't able to walk, nor can he keep anything down. He has light and noise sensitivity. The worst of the pain subsides by noon. Yesterday by evening he was able to keep food down and walk, but would still complain that his head hurt. These have been happening once a year until now. His last episode was in Feb. Now I have to try and really keep a log of what he did the last 24 hours prior to his headache to find any triggers. I'm wondering if cheese had anything to do with it. He had more than normal amount of cheese because it was cut out in the shape of mickey mouse. When I was doing research they said that cheese could be a trigger to migraines. He just seems so young to have these. I did take video this time of him while he was at his worst. So I can show the doctor what is really happening. When we went yesterday he was done with the worst of it.
If any of you have any tips or suggestions on this matter, I would love to hear from you!!!
Oh- and Sharon also told me that Grandma (Sharon's mom) also had spells like this as a child and then grew out of them. Genetics???????? hmmmm
This time the N.P. told me that it may be caused by his allergies. So she put him on some Singular to help with the plugged sinuses. Hopefully this will help him as well.
2 comments:
No migraines as a child here, but I suffered from them while in the Army to the point that it was truly debilitating. Luckily (or unluckily as some may think) it wasn't something that occurred often enough to warrant a medical discharge.
I remember that any light drove me particularly insane to the point that I could only find some comfort in a very dark room.
Since then (that was 15 years ago) I have only had one migraine. My kids don't suffer from migraines.
It is some comfort at least to know that Grandma had this problem as a kid (even though I'm sure it wasn't very comforting for her at the time) so perhaps Gibson will truly grow out of it.
Have you looked into acupuncture? Or is the thought of a needle (never mind MULTIPLE needles) as terrifying to Gibson as it was for me?
Sorry to hear Gibson had another migrane. I wish he didn't have to deal with these. I hope you can figure out what triggers them.
Post a Comment