Monday, June 2, 2008

Only Jesus Walks on Water

Yesterday we were all out in the back yard waiting for Scott and Kim to come over to give them a tour of the house. The kids were around the pool and the solar cover was on. Stella was right next to me and then the wouldn't ya know she thought she could walk on water!!! The solar panel was on so I'm almost positive that's why she tried to walk on it. One step on it and in slow motion down she went. Thanks goodness I was in arms reach and pulled her right out. She was upset when I pulled her out but that's because the water was cold and I'm sure it did scare her a bit.
About a minute later she told me she wanted to go swimming!!!

She received no injuries myself on the other hand had to throw away my capris, they got a hole in the knee when I lunged for her. I also rubbed my big toe nail off almost, and my foot has some nasty scrapes and my knee is swollen and scraped as well. I guess that's the price I pay!!!

Needless to say we are pricing out pool safety nets that cover the pool and they can't completely fall into the pool. Thank heavens I was right there.

The kids swam in the pool today with their cousins and had a blast. Gibson and Stella are like little fish. Stella just jumps right in and pops right back up with all of her floaties on!!! Gibson loves to throw the ball and swim after it.


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh boy, Stella really has no fear. I hope Jadyn sticks with her cautious personality and steers clear of any "walking on water" attempts with our pool. Well, I can hope right?