Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Sweet Stella

We were in Hobby Lobby today buying some crafty things. She wanted to walk with me and not ride in the cart. If I walked too fast she got really concerned and wanted me to hold her hand. This is such a new experience with her. With Gibson I had to tell him to slow down!! As we were leaving the store, there was an older woman walking in and Stella looked at her and said, " Hi Gram!" The woman and I got a chuckle. She told Stella, "you're right I am a Grandma."

On the way home she saw some people walking on the sidewalk, and she said, "Hi Guys!" She's so friendly.
When we got home I took her out of her car seat and she said, "I love you Mom." And then she gave me the best hug ever. It brought tears to me eyes. She's two and she understands what love is. For Family Home Evening Monday we sat with the kids and explained to them that we were a family and that we love each other very much and that we have to make it a point to tell each other we love you often, or say it with doing something nice for that person. I think that it must have sunk in with them. When Gibson got off the bus today, he told me that he loves Mrs. Hansen because she is nice.

I'm grateful to be a mom. Even though by the end of the day, the sweetness went away and the whining and the begging and tiredness set in. The sweet moments with my kids will forever last in my memories.

No comments: