Krisann and Derek after her race.
Kaitlyn thinking, when is she coming? She had flip flops on so her poor little toes were cold!!
Derek and Dad waiting for Krisann to cross the line.
Sister shot. Hopefully next year, Kaitlyn will run with us.I ran the 5k Saturday morning and my sister ran the 1/2 marathon. The weather was chilly if you were on the side lines waiting and watching, but for me who ran, I thought the weather was excellent. I didn't get to hot, and it wasn't so windy that it was effecting my running. My goal this year, was to finish with out walking. I did it. I ran the whole way through. I finished with a time of 33:01. I was able to find Katie but we couldn't find Jen. We were bummed out that we couldn't find her. We heard the announcer say her name so we ran over to the finish line and we couldn't find her then. There were so many people there. The last mile I was able to keep pace with a teacher from McBain, Kendra. Her husband was running in the 1/2 marathon and was able to run the first 4 miles with her husband Mike!!! Small world. My sister finished the marathon at 2:15 minutes. I'm so proud of her.
My whole family came down here to support us. It is my sister Krisann's birthday today, so we had hamburges, corn on the cob, watermelon, baked beans, and pumpkin cake per her choice.
I was bummed that we didn't get the swing set up. Both Wal-Mart locations did not have the swing set we wanted. I had called a week ago, and they said don't worry about it, we're getting more in, so there will be one when you need to pick one up. WRONG!!!!
We decided to start putting up the chain link fence in the back yard. Quentin and Dad put in all the posts. Hopefully we can finish the fence next week sometime.
1 comment:
Glad to hear the race went well for both you and Krisann.
Post a Comment