Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy and Accomplished!!!


Today was a good day. I didn't feel tired. This morning I did some laundry, and picking up around the house. I'm doing a special project for Quentin when he comes home. So I can't go into too much detail but, I did a lot of it on my own and didn't think I could. It made me happy and my self-worth went up a bit!! Later in the morning, we went to Sharon's house and she helped me with a curtain I had bought for our bathroom that was too big. Then I went and got groceries while she watched the kids.
We were back home around noon and I fixed the kids pizza rolls and applesauce for lunch. Stella took a 3 hour nap. Gibson played with his trains and John Deere tractors. One of his tractor's name was Number 1! He is getting quite the imagination. In fact today while I was preparing some primary songs, Gibson asked to color. He drew a face for the first time on the paper. He has never done this before. Two eyes, hair, and a mouth. When I asked him where the nose is, he replied, " Ohhh Mannnn, opps!" He drew a tiny dot for a nose. Then I asked him where the ears were? He said, "Ohhh Mannn, opps," again.
He was also upset with me today because I didn't put the Candyland game downstairs in the closet with the rest of the games. "Candyland down stairs, mamma!"

Later in the afternoon we went to Target and got a few things. The kids were so good. Lately I've been able to bribe Gibson to sit in the cart. If he does and he is good, we'll go look at the trains. I haven't had a problem with Stella not wanting to sit in the cart. I let each of them pick a toy for being so good. I think that I do this too much, however, it is such a help when the are following my directions.

Quentin will be home on the 7th, next Friday. I'm so ready for my husband to be back. We have all missed him so much. We are grateful for his job, and all the blessings we have been given.

No comments: