I have been reading Dave Ramsey books. He teaches all of us basic principles to get out of debt and be happy. His tactics are very easy to understand, but require a lot of self discipline, and sacrifice. In the long run, it'll all be worth it. The first book I read of his was the Total Money Make Over. Since we read that book, we were able to pay off our last student loan!!! The other book I'm reading now, is called: "More Than Enough, The 10 Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny."
At the end of each chapter he goes through key indicators that you have to ask yourself, Am I going through this? Is it time for a change?
I wanted to share some of these key indicators:
1. Change is very hard and we change only when the pain of same is greater than the pain of change.
2. Cleansing cries and hinge pins are signals that we are ready.
3. Values really do matter and real values are the foundation of everything to come.
4. Integrity- real deep integrity, even with the little things-is vital because deception destroys.
5. Connectedness is key; take time to use the sidewalks that connect your to family, friends, and coworkers.
6. Vision that is rooted in values is the only vision that will last.
7. Vision makes you a long-term investor, not living for the moment.
8. Goals are the building blocks of vision, vision in work clothes.
9. Model for and teach your children about vision and goals.
1 comment:
I love Dave Ramsey too. He is so inspiring!
Post a Comment