Saturday, January 26, 2008

Special moments with my son.



Last night, Gibson and I had a date night. We went to a Jim Gill concert at the library. Stella stayed at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Quentin was asked at the last minute to go to a Pistons game with a friend.
Before we left we were at the table saying our dinner prayers. Gibson went first, blessing crayons, and trains and lastly the food. Stella was next, and all I could get from her prayer was, God, food, Jesus, Amen. Gibson then told me it was my turn. I blessed the family but not the food. I assumed since it was blessed twice that was good enough. After my prayer Gibson looked at me with disgust and confusion. He said, " Tasey (this is what he calls me!), bless the food. Watch. Dear God, Bless the Food, Jesus name, Amen. Try again Tasey!!!
So I prayed again and made sure I blessed the food. Gibson was listening. I've realized that Gibson and Stella are becoming more sensative to what I say and do. Toddlers pick up on more that what you think.
After dinner we got our winter gear on and dropped Stella off at G & G's and off we went to the Jim Gill concert. Gibson was so excited, to wiggle, dance, and sing!!

In the past, when I took Gibson out in public he was very distracted and over stimulated, so I was worried that when he saw all of the other kids and parents he would act the same way. I was so wrong. When we got in there, he sat down like the other kids and followed along to Jim and his songs. Gibson was laughing, and singing, and dancing. It was so much fun. And to even make a perfect night he had to tell me he had to go potty, during a song!!! I was so happy, you thought I won the lottery or something!! That was only the 2nd time he has ever told me he had to go potty!!! And to do it during a concert, awesome!!

It was a terrific night with Gibson. I'm looking forward to having more "date" nights with my son. I really enjoyed myself and he had fun too. I think Gibson going to the E.C.D.D. program has been and is the best thing for him. He has incredible teachers and I'm really impressed with the school program.

1 comment:

Derek Thompson said...

Way to go gibby!!!! That was a really good idea to take him out on date night.